Dieting is defined as a “special course of food one restricts oneself to lose weight”. BUT losing weight, getting healthy, toning up is NOT about dieting. It truly is a mental game!
How many times do you eat a 100% on track, exercise for at least 30 minutes each day for 6 days in a week only to not have the scale move that week and GAWK if the scale goes up!
How many “quick fixes” are you guilty of trying? Weight loss pills, detoxes, cleanses and others? There are NO quick fixes – you have to work to lose weight and keep it off!
How many times do you get on the treadmill or elliptical (or any other cardio machine) and just stroll through it and not pushing yourself or your body into a fat burning mode? (aka: sweating)!
How many times do you start a new routine only to get bored with it after a few days?
And let’s not forget, how many times do we compare ourselves to our family, friend or anyone else on social media?
Keep these tips in mind to help keep your head in the game and to not fall into the vicious cycle of losing weight becoming a mental fight!
* Focus on eating healthy foods ~ less processed and packaged foods; more fruits and vegetables, more lean proteins, moderate carb intake and more healthy fats. Those 100 calorie packs loading our grocery store shelves are nothing but empty calories ~ they won’t hold you over long!
* Strive to eat 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day.
* Focus on exercise ~ consisting of cardio (you have got to sweat!) and strength training (you have to build those muscles to keep that metabolism going strong) ~ for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week.
* Stay away from the sugary drinks ~ have water (and fill with lemon, lime, mint, orange, etc.) and hot and iced tea (unsweetened).
* Take some time each day ~ even if it is only 5 minutes ~ to be quiet, journal, have a cup of tea. Just reflect on what is going well with your journey, maybe identify something to work on improving, just be still.
When you feel like you hit a bump in the road or a mental roadblock, reach out to me and let me help you get over that hump.
Do you want or need to lose 25 pounds or more? Frustrated with doing great for a few days & then not seeing results? Not sure how to even start? Join our private group designed just to help YOU!
In our group you will receive:
–> Access to private app to log progress
–> Sample menu plans
–> Clean eating recipes
–> Daily tips, motivation to stay on track
–> Peer support and advice
–> 1:1 coaching from ME!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org today to reserve your spot!
Yes I’m late at posting my results ~ I got so busy planning my daughter’s 12th birthday party & then with the holiday weekend, I just forgot.
With that said, I was successful with my 3 days of following the plan & I was rewarded with a 3lb weight loss. I definitely felt my stomach was less bloated. I will definitely plan on doing the 3 Day Refresh on a monthly basis — I felt it was more about feeling better rather than the number on the scale!
Want to try the 3 Day Refresh? Click here
Today starts my 3 day Refresh program. I do not agree with fad diets or quick fixes and 3 day Refresh is NOT one of those!
The 3-Day Refresh is a scientifically designed program that helps you fast-track your weight loss, kick-start healthy eating, and get a clean break from bad nutrition habits. 3-Day Refresh is a simple, straightforward program that will help cleanse your body and improve the way you feel— without starving yourself. Unlike juice cleanses or liquid fasts which tend to be high in sugar and low in protein (leaving you feeling weak, hungry, and sluggish), this easy-to-follow program helps support your metabolism while nourishing your vital organs. (Beachbody.com)
So I will get to enjoy regular, clean food (but focusing on my Shakeology, fruits/vegetables and healthy fats) and cleanse my body of the nasty ingredients I have been consuming lately.
Before weight, measurements and pictures have all been taken ~ stay tuned for daily updates the next 3 days.
Interested in trying this program? Check out http://www.beachbodycoach.com/EVOLUTIONFITNY
👙 👙 ARE YOU READY TO GET HOT FOR SUMMER? 👙👙
Where will you be in 30 days? Celebrating reaching your fitness goals, or stuck where you are right now? Either way, the month will pass anyway. I’m looking for 10 women who are SERIOUS about achieving their goals and committed to the process.
STOP WAITING FOR NEXT MONTH.
STOP WAITING FOR MORE MONEY.
STOP WAITING FOR MORE TIME.
STOP WAITING FOR LESS STRESS.
And most importantly, stop waiting for your health to decline before deciding to make a change. Let’s cut through the excuses and GET IT DONE. Be honest with yourself… there will always be reasons NOT to do it. If you’re ready to make a change and commit to getting serious about health and fitness, join me. My group opens up MONDAY MAY 29th. You will receive:
–> 1:1 support in Private Group via My Challenge Tracker App
–> Customized menu plans
–> Daily accountability posts and check-ins
–> Peer support
Spots will go fast, email me today at email@example.com
There are more & more fad diets on the market these days & so many people desperate to find the right “one” that works for them. But in reality what they are doing is actually harming themselves. Here is a great 8 week transition into a healthier eating lifestyle, rather than viewing it as a diet!
Source: Beachbody Continue reading “Transitioning into healthier eating lifestyle”
Do you seem to always be going back and forth with the latest fad diet craze? Are you juicing for 3 days straight & then binge eat? Are you just lost with how to be healthy? Just KISS (Keep it Simple Silly)!
1. Be active every day ~ find ways to move EVERY DAY. If you are at work, set your alarm to get up from your desk every hour and walk around the office, go walk the stairs, get outside for a quick walk.
2. Fuel up on real food ~ steer away from the processed foods, refined carbs and high fat dishes.
3. Create your own healthy environment ~ find different ways to get your exercise in. Go for a hike, find a new park you can take the kids too, get outside and start cleaning up your yard.
4. Stay true to your purpose ~ are you living your life with what you want to achieve? We all have goals and dreams, is your lifestyle built around them?
5. Believe you can succeed ~ learn to get rid of the negatively nellie sitting on your shoulder. When the scale isn’t responding as fast as you want we tend to get disappointed and “throw in the towel”. Look at what you have already accomplished & focus on other ways of measurement besides the scale. Keep a positive mind & see the results faster!
6. Make healthy living fun ~ being healthy isn’t suppose to be a chore. It is suppose to be fun and all in moderation! Look at ways to make exercise fun ~ grab your spouse, grab your kids, grab a friend & go try something different. For example gardening & yard clean up is something that needs to be done in spring, get outside and really work your heart & your muscles. Just make it fun!
If summer has you feeling like you want to hide from the shorts, tank tops and swimwear and crawl right back into your yoga pants… let’s CHANGE that. Join our 7-Day Sampler group to kickstart your fitness journey and ROCK that suit this summer… with CONFIDENCE! In our group, you’ll receive:
–> 7-Day Meal Plan and Exercise Plan
–> Access to Meal Planning Tool and Menu Plan
–> Healthy Recipes
–> Coaching and Peer Support
Our group starts May 8th and takes place in a CLOSED Facebook group. Message me ASAP for details and to reserve your spot!
Received this email recently & found it very fitting — it is from Marc & Angel (www.marcandangel.com/)!!!
You should never be too busy to smile!!!!
1. Smile at perfect strangers.
Don’t wait for people to smile ~ smile at them first. Talk to someone you don’t know: straight from
your heart; give them a compliment.
2. Pretend today is going to be a great.
Do so, and it will be. A great attitude always leads to great experiences.
3. Reflect on what’s good.
Appreciate all the good things in your life, no matter how small.
You already have some amazing things in your life, whether you realize
it or not. Take time every day, throughout the day, to thank life for all that it has given you, to
thank others for what they give you, to be grateful.
4. Use personal strengths to get things done.
Everyone possesses unique personal strengths. We all have different
talents and skill sets. The state of completion always creates a sense of achievement. If this achievement is based exclusively on your personal ability to get the job done, the psychological rewards are priceless.
5. Use your imagination.
How is it that we are born knowing how to enjoy life, and yet after learning all of the wonderful things we adults learn, we somehow forget how to have fun? It’s almost like we get dumber in this regard as we get older. The solution? Counteract the aging process with the full power of
your imagination. You don’t have to pretend bananas are rocket ships – although that would be fun – but try to imagine something that makes you smile at least once a day.
6. Create something.
Creation is a process like none other. Putting to use your innovative faculties and constructing something with your own two hands will leave you with an indescribable sense of wholeness. There really is no substitute for it. The only caveat is that it must be related to something you actually care about. If you are creating financial plans for clients all day and you hate it, then that’s not going to work. But if you can find something you love, and create something related to it, it will make all the difference in your life.
If you haven’t created something in a while just for the sake of creating, try it. You will not be disappointed.
7. Help someone else for a couple minutes.
In life, you get what you put in. When you make a positive impact in someone else’s life, you also make a positive impact in your own life. The more you help others, the more they will want to help you.
8. Share your lunch break with a close friend.
Get out of the office, away from your work and spend 30 to 40 minutes eating and socializing with someone you care about.
9. Get rid of one thing a day.
We have so much clutter surrounding us at any given moment and we’ve become so accustomed to it that we no longer notice how it affects us. If you start cleaning up some of that external clutter, a lot of internal clutter will disappear as well.
Choose one needless item each and every day and get rid of it. It’s that simple. It might be difficult at first, so expect some resistance. But after some time you will begin to learn to let go of your clutter tendencies.
Meditation is the art of focusing 100% of your attention in one area. The practice comes with a myriad of well-publicized health benefits including increased concentration, decreased anxiety, and a general feeling of happiness.
On a general level, meditation helps you slow down, accept the moment you are in and achieve a higher sense of presence. If you use meditation as a form of relaxation, it really doesn’t take long for you to start feeling the positive effects.
11. Avoid negativity and negative people.
Don’t belittle yourself and don’t put up with people who try to belittle you. You are as capable as you believe you are. There will always be obstacles, but if you think positive thoughts and seek solutions, you can accomplish what others say is impossible.
12. Enjoy the moment.
This moment is your life. Enjoy it.
Whatever you’re doing, regardless of the circumstances, pay attention and appreciate it. Reading, writing, talking with a co-worker, taking a shower, walking up stairs, eating, washing dishes, sweeping, etc. These small moments make up a huge portion of your life. They can be
enjoyed if you open your eyes and ears, and pay attention to what you’re doing. Happiness is found with steady awareness.