Sticking to healthy habits during the holidays can be a challenge ~ here are some ways to help manage the challenges that arise:
1. Eat breakfast. When you eat the right breakfast, it jump starts your metabolism, boosts
your energy, provided needed vitamins and minerals and reduces cravings.
2. Sleep. Aim for at least 7 hours a night helps you to re-energize, regulate hormones, detoxify and reduce cravings.
3. Stay Calm.
Keep things in perspective and stay joy filled regardless of the circumstances that may be out of your control. Holiday times have the potential to be a person’s happiest memories. Do you best to find a blessing in every situation.
4. Exercise. You know it’s true — you feel your best when you are exercising regularly. During the holidays its more important than ever to keep workout. What a great stress reducer and calorie burner.
5. Drink water. Staying hydrated is key, not only for reducing cravings, but also for making sure you can keep up with the holiday rush!
6. Travel healthy.
Whether you are taking a day trip or are going for a week, be prepared with health snacks and meal replacements. Don’t rely on what’s in the airport, resort or even at mom and dad’s to fuel your fit body.
7. Treat Yourself – While you should avoid harmful foods and beverages such as high
fructose corn syrup and alcohol, there are some healthful indulgences you can enjoy guilt free. It’s all about moderation!
8. Identify your goals. Having a plan for when and what you will eat and when you will exercise is key to success. Identify goals for the holiday season to keep you on track & put them where you will see them regularly throughout the holidays!
9. Focus on the spirit of the holiday. The festivities and the food are secondary to the true meaning of the season. Focus on what is truly important to you during this joyous time.