Are you looking to make 2017 a healthier year for you? For your family? Here are 6 ways to make those changes:
- Make healthy food choices. Grab a health snack on the go. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Be active. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park farther away and walk.
- Protect yourself. Put a helmet, sunscreen or bug spray. And make sure you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Manage stress. Don’t overschedule or overcommit. Take short breaks throughout the day.
- Make an appointment for a check-up, vaccination, or screening.
- Quit smoking.
We all have experienced it – we make the resolutions for the New Year, stick with them for a week, a month, maybe even 3 months. But then it just happens, we slowly back off from them until we are not making any progress towards achieving them. Try these tips for making resolutions stick:
- Keep it simple. Big resolutions can become discouraging. Try making them more manageable by breaking them into
small daily or weekly goals.
- Keep your mood in check. If you only focus on the negative it will get you
down. Spin your goals in a positive way by stating the good habits
you want to start.
- Make it actionable. Vague resolutions are hard to accomplish ~ put some power behind your intention by designing it to be doable.
- Journal it. Writing down your progress will keep you accountable.