3 days ago I started a new workout program ~ something to change up the mundane cardio rut I found myself in, something to shake things up with my metabolism. I decided on Body Beast. It is a 90 day strength training workout, splitting between different muscle groups and throwing some intense cardio circuit in there. As a Beachbody coach, I have the All-Access pass for Beachbody on Demand ~ all of Beachbody’s workout programs from the comfort of my home ~ on my laptop, phone, iPad or stream it through my TV.
Now I’ve considered myself in shape ~ sure could I use to lose a few pounds or tone my muscles more, yup ~ but for 3 days now I have been walking a bit funny & watching my arms do a little shaky dance when trying to use them. Guess that means I needed more toning than I thought. But I absolutely love the feeling. I love when walking up my stairs that I have to take it easy and grit my teeth with every step 🙂
I have taken my before pictures & measurements. I cannot wait to see how my body changes over the course of the next 90 days!
Interested in having access to ALL of Beachbody’s workout programs? Join me at Get Fit Today
👙 👙 ARE YOU READY TO GET HOT FOR SUMMER? 👙👙
Where will you be in 30 days? Celebrating reaching your fitness goals, or stuck where you are right now? Either way, the month will pass anyway. I’m looking for 10 women who are SERIOUS about achieving their goals and committed to the process.
STOP WAITING FOR NEXT MONTH.
STOP WAITING FOR MORE MONEY.
STOP WAITING FOR MORE TIME.
STOP WAITING FOR LESS STRESS.
And most importantly, stop waiting for your health to decline before deciding to make a change. Let’s cut through the excuses and GET IT DONE. Be honest with yourself… there will always be reasons NOT to do it. If you’re ready to make a change and commit to getting serious about health and fitness, join me. My group opens up MONDAY MAY 29th. You will receive:
–> 1:1 support in Private Group via My Challenge Tracker App
–> Customized menu plans
–> Daily accountability posts and check-ins
–> Peer support
Spots will go fast, email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are more & more fad diets on the market these days & so many people desperate to find the right “one” that works for them. But in reality what they are doing is actually harming themselves. Here is a great 8 week transition into a healthier eating lifestyle, rather than viewing it as a diet!
Source: Beachbody Continue reading “Transitioning into healthier eating lifestyle”
Consistency is so important when we are trying to live a healthier lifestyle. Something will come up ~ kids have school activities, no time to make dinner, work, house, etc. BUT taking a few moments to plan ahead ensures that you remain consistent WHEN these obstacles come about.
Do you seem to always be going back and forth with the latest fad diet craze? Are you juicing for 3 days straight & then binge eat? Are you just lost with how to be healthy? Just KISS (Keep it Simple Silly)!
1. Be active every day ~ find ways to move EVERY DAY. If you are at work, set your alarm to get up from your desk every hour and walk around the office, go walk the stairs, get outside for a quick walk.
2. Fuel up on real food ~ steer away from the processed foods, refined carbs and high fat dishes.
3. Create your own healthy environment ~ find different ways to get your exercise in. Go for a hike, find a new park you can take the kids too, get outside and start cleaning up your yard.
4. Stay true to your purpose ~ are you living your life with what you want to achieve? We all have goals and dreams, is your lifestyle built around them?
5. Believe you can succeed ~ learn to get rid of the negatively nellie sitting on your shoulder. When the scale isn’t responding as fast as you want we tend to get disappointed and “throw in the towel”. Look at what you have already accomplished & focus on other ways of measurement besides the scale. Keep a positive mind & see the results faster!
6. Make healthy living fun ~ being healthy isn’t suppose to be a chore. It is suppose to be fun and all in moderation! Look at ways to make exercise fun ~ grab your spouse, grab your kids, grab a friend & go try something different. For example gardening & yard clean up is something that needs to be done in spring, get outside and really work your heart & your muscles. Just make it fun!
If summer has you feeling like you want to hide from the shorts, tank tops and swimwear and crawl right back into your yoga pants… let’s CHANGE that. Join our 7-Day Sampler group to kickstart your fitness journey and ROCK that suit this summer… with CONFIDENCE! In our group, you’ll receive:
–> 7-Day Meal Plan and Exercise Plan
–> Access to Meal Planning Tool and Menu Plan
–> Healthy Recipes
–> Coaching and Peer Support
Our group starts May 8th and takes place in a CLOSED Facebook group. Message me ASAP for details and to reserve your spot!
Body shaming ~ what an evil thing. Everywhere we turn these days we are told to change our appearance. How many times have you looked at yourself in the mirror and said “Wow you look great”? Not as many times as looking in the mirror and critiquing our imperfections. Trust me ~ I’m guilty of this as well!
Body-shaming manifests in many ways: 1) Criticizing your own appearance, through a judgment or comparison to another person. 2) Criticizing another’s appearance in front of them, 3) Criticizing another’s appearance without their knowledge.
No matter how this manifests, it often leads to comparison and shame, and perpetuates the idea that people should be judged mainly for their physical features.
So how can we change this? How can we start loving ourselves for who are (and how we look) without judging?
We all have experienced it – we make the resolutions for the New Year, stick with them for a week, a month, maybe even 3 months. But then it just happens, we slowly back off from them until we are not making any progress towards achieving them. Try these tips for making resolutions stick:
- Keep it simple. Big resolutions can become discouraging. Try making them more manageable by breaking them into
small daily or weekly goals.
- Keep your mood in check. If you only focus on the negative it will get you
down. Spin your goals in a positive way by stating the good habits
you want to start.
- Make it actionable. Vague resolutions are hard to accomplish ~ put some power behind your intention by designing it to be doable.
- Journal it. Writing down your progress will keep you accountable.
Do you have your 2017 goals written down yet? If you have started thinking about some but haven’t written them down yet, now is the time to get them on paper so you can see them every day! If you haven’t even begun thinking of them, there is no more time to wait! Planning is key to achieving your goals! Get in the habit now and the rest will follow.
* Start a food journal. Write down your daily intake of food & drinks, this is a HUGE eye opener! You can journal it in a notebook or on a free online website (like My Fitness Pal
or Lose It
). Capture not only your food you consume, but your exercise, your moods, energy levels, any stressors, etc.
* BE CONSISTENT! Don’t give up after a day, a week or even a month! Slow & steady wins the race.
* Set small goals & then put a time frame for each of those goals! Be realistic.
* Find 1 or 2 areas of weaknesses, such as you drink soda or juice instead of water, and try to change that. (Example: tell yourself you will drink 1 less glass of soda/juice and 1 more glass of water).
* Don’t set high expectations.
* Learn something new ~ weights, running, dancing, bootcamp class ~ anything that takes you out of your comfort zone.
* Don’t focus all of your attention to the number on the scale ~ that is all it is, a NUMBER! Instead ask yourself, how do your clothes fit? Did you take your measurements before you started eating better and/or exercising? If so, re-take your measurements now and see what the progress is. And finally, how do YOU feel?
* Shoot for 4-5 days of at least 30 minutes of cardio exercise ~ walking, jogging, bike riding, hiking, running, swimming or try personal training with Evolution Fitness ~ the ideas are endless.
* Shoot for 2 days of strength training targeting all of your muscles. You do not need a fancy routine, just exercises that are going to tone up your muscles.