Do you have your 2016 goals written down yet? If you have started thinking about some but haven’t written them down yet, now is the time to get them on paper so you can see them every day! If you haven’t even begun thinking of them, there is no more time to wait! Planning is key to achieving your goals! Get in the habit now and the rest will follow.
* Start a food journal. Write down your daily intake of food & drinks, this is a HUGE eye opener! You can journal it in a notebook or on a free online website (like My Fitness Pal
or Lose It
). Capture not only your food you consume, but your exercise, your moods, energy levels, any stressors, etc.
* BE CONSISTENT! Don’t give up after a day, a week or even a month! Slow & steady wins the race.
* Set small goals & then put a time frame for each of those goals! Be realistic.
* Find 1 or 2 areas of weaknesses, such as you drink soda or juice instead of water, and try to change that. (Example: tell yourself you will drink 1 less glass of soda/juice and 1 more glass of water).
* Don’t set high expectations.
* Learn something new ~ weights, running, dancing, bootcamp class ~ anything that takes you out of your comfort zone.
* Don’t focus all of your attention to the number on the scale ~ that is all it is, a NUMBER! Instead ask yourself, how do your clothes fit? Did you take your measurements before you started eating better and/or exercising? If so, re-take your measurements now and see what the progress is. And finally, how do YOU feel?
* Shoot for 4-5 days of at least 30 minutes of cardio exercise ~ walking, jogging, bike riding, hiking, running, swimming or try a boot camp class with Evolution Fitness
~ the ideas are endless.
* Shoot for 2 days of strength training targeting all of your muscles. You do not need a fancy routine, just exercises that are going to tone up your muscles.