Dieting is defined as a “special course of food one restricts oneself to lose weight”. BUT losing weight, getting healthy, toning up is NOT about dieting. It truly is a mental game!
How many times do you eat a 100% on track, exercise for at least 30 minutes each day for 6 days in a week only to not have the scale move that week and GAWK if the scale goes up!
How many “quick fixes” are you guilty of trying? Weight loss pills, detoxes, cleanses and others? There are NO quick fixes – you have to work to lose weight and keep it off!
How many times do you get on the treadmill or elliptical (or any other cardio machine) and just stroll through it and not pushing yourself or your body into a fat burning mode? (aka: sweating)!
How many times do you start a new routine only to get bored with it after a few days?
And let’s not forget, how many times do we compare ourselves to our family, friend or anyone else on social media?
Keep these tips in mind to help keep your head in the game and to not fall into the vicious cycle of losing weight becoming a mental fight!
* Focus on eating healthy foods ~ less processed and packaged foods; more fruits and vegetables, more lean proteins, moderate carb intake and more healthy fats. Those 100 calorie packs loading our grocery store shelves are nothing but empty calories ~ they won’t hold you over long!
* Strive to eat 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day.
* Focus on exercise ~ consisting of cardio (you have got to sweat!) and strength training (you have to build those muscles to keep that metabolism going strong) ~ for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week.
* Stay away from the sugary drinks ~ have water (and fill with lemon, lime, mint, orange, etc.) and hot and iced tea (unsweetened).
* Take some time each day ~ even if it is only 5 minutes ~ to be quiet, journal, have a cup of tea. Just reflect on what is going well with your journey, maybe identify something to work on improving, just be still.
When you feel like you hit a bump in the road or a mental roadblock, reach out to me and let me help you get over that hump.
The hazy, hot and humid days of summer are upon us & making sure you are drinking enough to keep your body hydrated & functioning properly is extremely important. Here are some tips on ensuring that you are getting enough water in:
* Drink at least eight, eight-ounce servings of water each day. More time outside means more fluid that needs to be replenished
* Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink water. By the time you’re thirsty, you have already lost a couple or more cups of water from your body.
* Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Carry a bottle of water with you as you commute to work, or whenever you leave the house and may not be back for a while.
* Don’t substitute caffeinated coffees, teas and sodas for water. Caffeine acts as a diuretic, so does alcoholic beverages, causing you to lose water through increased urination.
* Keep a bottle of water on your desk if finding time to drink water is a problem. Or, visit the office water cooler and take water break rather than a coffee break.
* Once you start exercising, don’t stop drinking. Keep a bottle of water with you and drink throughout the duration of your workout.
* Don’t underestimate the amount of fluids lost from perspiration. You need to drink two cups of water for each pound lost following a workout.
* Start and end your day with a serving of water. Your body loses water while you sleep. Drink a serving of water while waiting for the morning coffee to brew.
* Common colds and flu’s can lead to dehydration. Keep a large bottle of water next to your bed so you can sip it throughout the day without having to get up.
Remember that when it’s warm outside, cold water—not carbonated soft drinks or sport drinks—is the best fluid for keeping hydrated. Cool water is absorbed much more quickly than warm fluids and may have a positive effect on cooling off your overheated
You want to see results; you want to feel like all of your hard work is
paying off and resulting in changes; you want to feel healthy. BUT if
you are not consistent, how do you think you will accomplish this? Do
you think you will lose weight by not exercising? Or by not tracking
your foot intake? Do you think you will lose body fat and gain muscle
tone by not picking up those weights?
It doesn’t mean you have to “bust it out” every day but you do need to
maintain a consistent level of activity each day. You do need to
maintain your food intake — staying within your calorie range, the
right macronutrients that work for your body.
You need to find that balance for YOU – if you don’t have that balance
you are not going to be consistent with your healthy lifestyle, your
goals, your dedication. Set small goals so you don’t get overwhelmed.
Take small steps to accomplish your goals!
If you experience a slip up or suffering from lack of consistency, seek the help from me or any other support you might have in your life.
You are worth it to do this! You deserve to enjoy the ride & be happy!!
Make it Count
With ample amounts of fruits & veggies per serving. Look at this list:
– 1 bowl of exotic fruit
– 4 cups of raw broccoli
– 7 large carrots
– 10 cups of raw cauliflower
– 3 cups of romaine lettuce
– 4 cups of raw mushrooms
– 3 raw onions
– 1 cup of peas
– 4 cups of raw radishes
– 4 cups of non-fat yogurt
– 1 shoot of wheat grass
No, not a large fruit & veggie basket, but rather a single drink that is jam packed with all the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that would in all the fruits and veggies mentioned above.
With a combination of over 70 all-natural ingredients, Shakeology utilizes digestive enzymes and probiotics to aid in the elimination of built up toxins in the body. As an all-natural cleanser, Shakeology also contains over 20 different antioxidants and phytonutrients such as Acai & Goji Berries that aids in the reduction of free radicals. In simpler terms, Shakeology works to prevent cell damage that has been linked to an array of disorders such as cancer, arthritis, atherosclerosis, high blood pressure, heart attacks, strokes, Alzheimer’s disease, and diabetes. With a low glycemic effect, Shakeology is perfect for diabetics!
In an independent study, Shakeology was found to work in participants by the following:
– 38% drop in bad cholesterol
– 30% drop in total cholesterol
– 24% drop in risk of cardiovascular risk factors
Shakeology has also been shown to aid in weight loss while curbing one’s appetite and burning fat storage through the use of essential vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. Tired of being on a diet and always feeling tired? Replace just one meal with Shakeology and not only will you slim down your waistline but expect to experience a surge of energy and vitality in life. And the best part? Shakeology has: No Refined Sugars, No Artificial Sweeteners, No Artificial Flavorings, No Gluten, & No Caffeine!
For only $4 a day, check out Shakeology for yourself at http://www.shakeology.com/evolutionfitny
Do you want or need to lose 25 pounds or more? Frustrated with doing great for a few days & then not seeing results? Not sure how to even start? Join our private group designed just to help YOU!
In our group you will receive:
–> Access to private app to log progress
–> Sample menu plans
–> Clean eating recipes
–> Daily tips, motivation to stay on track
–> Peer support and advice
–> 1:1 coaching from ME!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org today to reserve your spot!
Yes I’m late at posting my results ~ I got so busy planning my daughter’s 12th birthday party & then with the holiday weekend, I just forgot.
With that said, I was successful with my 3 days of following the plan & I was rewarded with a 3lb weight loss. I definitely felt my stomach was less bloated. I will definitely plan on doing the 3 Day Refresh on a monthly basis — I felt it was more about feeling better rather than the number on the scale!
Want to try the 3 Day Refresh? Click here
As I posted yesterday here, I started the 3 Day Refresh from Beachbody. Day 1 of my 3 Day Refresh wasn’t as bad as I expected. I was expecting a headache (which I easily get), hungry through the day and more. The only thing I really noticed was that I was constantly thinking about my next meal – was almost craving it. I’m loving my new recipes I made ~ I am such a creature of habit that I tend to have the same thing over & over but this time I made something new & different and found that I loved it!
Now to enjoy Day 2 just as much as Day 1.
Want to try the 3 Day Refresh? Click here
Today starts my 3 day Refresh program. I do not agree with fad diets or quick fixes and 3 day Refresh is NOT one of those!
The 3-Day Refresh is a scientifically designed program that helps you fast-track your weight loss, kick-start healthy eating, and get a clean break from bad nutrition habits. 3-Day Refresh is a simple, straightforward program that will help cleanse your body and improve the way you feel— without starving yourself. Unlike juice cleanses or liquid fasts which tend to be high in sugar and low in protein (leaving you feeling weak, hungry, and sluggish), this easy-to-follow program helps support your metabolism while nourishing your vital organs. (Beachbody.com)
So I will get to enjoy regular, clean food (but focusing on my Shakeology, fruits/vegetables and healthy fats) and cleanse my body of the nasty ingredients I have been consuming lately.
Before weight, measurements and pictures have all been taken ~ stay tuned for daily updates the next 3 days.
Interested in trying this program? Check out http://www.beachbodycoach.com/EVOLUTIONFITNY
3 days ago I started a new workout program ~ something to change up the mundane cardio rut I found myself in, something to shake things up with my metabolism. I decided on Body Beast. It is a 90 day strength training workout, splitting between different muscle groups and throwing some intense cardio circuit in there. As a Beachbody coach, I have the All-Access pass for Beachbody on Demand ~ all of Beachbody’s workout programs from the comfort of my home ~ on my laptop, phone, iPad or stream it through my TV.
Now I’ve considered myself in shape ~ sure could I use to lose a few pounds or tone my muscles more, yup ~ but for 3 days now I have been walking a bit funny & watching my arms do a little shaky dance when trying to use them. Guess that means I needed more toning than I thought. But I absolutely love the feeling. I love when walking up my stairs that I have to take it easy and grit my teeth with every step 🙂
I have taken my before pictures & measurements. I cannot wait to see how my body changes over the course of the next 90 days!
Interested in having access to ALL of Beachbody’s workout programs? Join me at Get Fit Today